Another weekend where we wait for Spring, Spring teases us with some sunshine but very little warmth, and we are just hoping tomorrow will do it. In the mean time, here’s some reading.
- Feminism has failed working class women: Guardian published an article about new research that reveals that advances for women at the top have not been matched by progress for those at the bottom.
- A sobering read on Female Genital Mutilation and its consequences (from disabling women to unhappy families)
- The Telegraph has an interesting peace on raunch culture and how women’s liberation has been set back 40 years by a culture that has led to student union beauty pageants and pole-dancing exercise classes.
- Wet dream for book worms: 15 uniquely designed libraries from around the world.
- Sweden recently adopted a gender neutral pronoun.
- Goodreads has been bought by Amazon.com. The Guardian gives an overview of reactions to this acquisition. BookRiot gives anyone who feels icky about their data going from the independent GR to giant Amazon 12 possible alternatives to GR.
- Entrepreneurship is an Art not a Job.
- One of the best tumblrs I have seen: Des Hommes et des Chatons. It is home to images like this: