Weekly Roundup (otherwise knowns as Sunday Reading) may be back, just as the blog may be back. This will feature interesting articles, news, videos, whatever on the internet catches my attention over the week, and will give you an opportunity to waste some quality time on Sundays. Fun!
- Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! on what journalism is all about, her progressive investigative journalism, and how independent news program, Democracy Now! came to life. (video) /via BitchMagazine
- Ms. Magazine shared this video about some of the female directors that the Oscars ignored this year. I have watched Take This Waltz (and loved it) and Friends With Kids (liked it) and added some of the others to my to-watch list.
- Physicists have devised a new experiment to test if the universe is a computer. Almost made me want to be a physicist!
- New research shows that reading fiction may make you more empathetic.
- edX – one of the several websites offering MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses), has a plan to be self-sustaining, and even generate revenue.
- Amanda Palmer & the Grand Theft Orchestra have made a beautiful video to a beautifully sad song, and it has recently passed the 100,000 mark.
- Vintage Everyday has collected the passport photos of the cool club: Janis Joplin, David Bowie, Virginia Woolf and many others.
- Game of Thrones has a trailer for Season 3; teasing all the fans who are counting down the days:
More Game of Thrones? Follow this Pinterest board.