A week went past us again, slightly more slow motion for the US readers who had Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to whoever celebrates it. Now, our links:
– After the Day of Action on November 17th throughout the occupy movements and the resulting police brutality, the tactic is now shifting to occupying streets and symbolic areas.
– A special-interest article: a Dissent Magazine article on film criticism and how the internet changed the whole field.
– A Short film from the upcoming documentary Occupy Love is below:
– The Freedom of Having Your Own Space and Your Own Income – a great blog post about feminist bloggers, having A Room of One’s Own, and Nicki Minaj.
– Speaking of feminisim, where does it fit within the Occupy Wall St movement and the new Occupy Patriarchy movement.
– Egyptian-American journalist and outspoken feminist Mona Eltahawy wasto beaten and arrested by Egyptian police while in Tahrir Square covering the outrage against SCAF this week. A #freemona campaign started in Twitter quite quickly.